When we look at the average Pilates class, we will find that it is mostly populated by women. It may be that the exercises look like they lack the body building machismo that most men crave. However, men who think that way are missing out.
Developed by Joseph Pilates, this type of work out benefits men in many ways. Not only can it give them great overall muscle toning, it can provide strengthening that can help them perform better when doing more strenuous exercises.
If you are a man who has hesitated trying Pilates, here are some reasons why Pilates is the right addition to your everyday workout program or activities.
Reasons for Men to do Pilates
- Helps Develop Neglected Muscles: Pilates is designed to work muscles that may have been neglected when doing other workouts. Mat training, for instance, is especially valuable in helping you build muscles that normally aren’t used during body building.
- Improves Flexibility: Men that do a lot of body building tend to be less flexible. Pilates can help them regain this flexibility in order to become more agile and even stand taller.
- Build Core Strength: Pilates is very focused on the core. The workouts will give you a great six pack that can work as the perfect base for body building. It focuses on the deep muscles in the center of the body working to stabilize the trunk and protect the back.
- Live More Consciously: Pilates takes a mind body connection. It increases focus which makes you feel refreshed and relaxed and gives you the energy to take on the day.
- Overcome Injuries: Men that work out are prone to injuries. Pilates is rehabilitative. The stretching involved can help you overcome injuries so you can eliminate pain and work out more efficiently.
- Improves Your Sex Life: Pilates strengthens the core and pelvic floor giving you more control and even improves prostate health.
Finding the Right Pilates Class
Even though Pilates is extremely beneficial to men, we understand that it may be intimidating to get started with this form of exercise. That’s why finding the right Pilates class is extremely important.
If you are located in the Orange County area, Konnect Pilates is highly recommended.
Konnect Pilates offers a relaxing, clean environment that is perfect for beginners as well as those who are more advanced in their Pilates workouts. The studio is owned by Balanced Body certified Master Instructors and each class is taught by a trained professional. They offer a wide variety of classes including group reformer classes, Pilates mat classes and more.
Konnect isn’t just great place to work out; they also offer Pilates Teacher Training certification for those who want to make Pilates part of their career. Konnect Pilates will provide you with the tools that will ensure you are well versed in the field of Pilates and have what it takes to take your training to the next level.
Pilates offers a great work out for everyone, no matter your gender, age or physical capabilities may be. Try incorporating it into your exercise routine to find out how it can benefit you. We guarantee you will be happy with the results.