As a host for the Balanced Body® Pilates Teacher Training Program, Konnect Pilates offers training for Mat Pilates. Our comprehensive program includes:
- Tips on teaching group programs successfully
- Coaching, cueing, and teaching tips
- Exercise instruction for pre-Pilates and the complete Mat exercise repertoire
- A manual and DVD to enhance your education throughout the program
- Safety information for teaching older adults, clients with back, knee, neck, and shoulder conditions, as well as pre- and post-natal women
In order to become a certified Balanced Body® Mat Instructor, you must complete:
- Balanced Body Mat 1: a total of 16 hours with course work and tests
- Balanced Body Mat 2: a total of 16 hours with course work and tests
- Anatomy (strongly recommended)
- 20 Mat personal sessions, 16 observation hours, and 35 student teaching hours
- 25 Mat personal sessions and 45 student teaching hours
- Final written and practical test
[grid_row_open class=””][grid_col_open class=”” palm=”100%” tablet=”100%” desktop=”50%” center=””]
Mat Pilates 1
This class requires a minimum of one year of experience teaching movement and 20 Pilates Mat classes.
During this initial class, we will discuss the history and principles of Pilates. You will also learn the beginning and intermediate levels of Pilates exercises, as well as any modifications needed to make the movements easier for some clients. You will also be instructed on class order and how to program a group setting so that your clients will be able to get the most out of the session. In some situations, you may encounter senior clients or you may decide to teach a pre- or post-natal class. We will also provide you with instruction on teaching in these scenarios during the Mat Pilates 1 class.
[grid_col_close] [grid_col_open class=”” palm=”100%” tablet=”100%” desktop=”50%” center=””]
Mat Pilates 2
Once you’ve completed the Mat Pilates 1 program, you can advance to Mat Pilates 2. During this program, you will learn the remaining exercises for the intermediate level of Pilates in addition to all the exercises for the advanced level Pilates. You will also be instructed on class sequences and how to create programs for classes that will benefit specific sports conditioning classes.
If you are interested in furthering your passion of Pilates by becoming an instructor, contact Konnect Pilates at 949-837-9999 to join our Pilates instructor training.